The Clifton Village Neighbourhood Forum (CVNF) is a voluntary group in Clifton, West Yorkshire, working towards a sustainable and deliverable neighbourhood plan for Clifton Village.
The Forum is looking to appoint a new secretary to help deliver the neighbourhood plan
Our current Secretary, Jason Carlton, has indicated he will be standing down at our next full forum meeting, and we’re looking for a replacement to continue the work on the neighbourhood plan for Clifton Village.
1. Must live within the neighbourhood area
2. A good standard of English
3. Understand GDPR/Data Protection
4. Access to a computer
1. Update the website, or provide the text and images to the cliftonvillage.org.uk website team
2. Maintain the mailing list (this includes being the nominated controller of the list for GDPR/Data Protection requirements)
3. Publish/hold the nominated address for post/mailing (address on the bottom of any correspondence)
4. Support the Chair in working with Locality to promote the neighbourhood plan
5. With the Chair, liaise with any consultants
6. Liaise with stakeholders including the Clifton Village Community Association, Brighouse Town Development Board, Calderdale Council, Thornhills hamlet and Locality
7. Monitor Calderdale planning applications, liaising as required in completing submissions
8. Organising consultations and meetings for the neighbourhood plan
9. Maintaining records and minutes for the neighbourhood plan
This is an unpaid position; reasonable expenses will be reimbursed
To express an interest in the role
Email email@example.com with a short note explaining your suitability for the role.
For further information
If you would like further information on the role or an informal discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t worry if you do not have planning knowledge, the work required to deliver the neighbourhood plan is straightforward, there’s lots of step-by-step guidance already available and the CVNF’s plan is already well-advanced.
On average, the Secretary duties should only take one/two hours per week, plus the occasional need for meetings and completing reports.
We’ll be holding our next meeting in February 2022, and we’d like our new Secretary to take over at this time.